August is the month when most Portuguese people take a vacation. It's summer and it's hot. More than enough reasons to take a break from work.
Plan your trip well and above all value safety and comfort. To help you, we will give you some advice to keep in mind before heading to your vacation destination.
- Set in advance the route you want to take and bring a GPS. Usually these devices give an indication of alternative routes and help to avoid high traffic zones.
- Check tire pressure, water level, brake fluid and air conditioner.
- Confirm that your vehicle documentation is in order and keep it in an easily accessible place.
- Make sure you carry a spare key to avoid complications in case of loss.
- Only carry essentials so you can pack them properly in the luggage compartment.
- Fill the vehicle with enough fuel for the route you want to make or to the next gas station.
- In the case of traveling with children, do not forget to use your own seats in accordance with current legislation.
- After 2 hours of driving, stop for about 10-15 minutes to stretch your legs, drink water or go to the toilet.
And now… is everything organized? It's time to hit the road. For our part, we wish you a great vacation.